Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation |
Thanks to a partnership with the Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation du Québec (MEI), grant awardees and finalists will receive one year of friend individual or group mentoring services through Réseau Mentorat. Opting in to these services is entirely voluntary.
What are the MEI Bourses d’honneurs?
These grants are part of the provincial government’s 2017–2021 action plan on entrepreneurship (PAGE). In an effort to provide a complement to traditional financing and stimulate entrepreneurship in Quebec, the MEI is allocating 70 $25,000 grants a year over a four-year period (2018–2022). These grants will be awarded to entrepreneurs aged 18 to 35 with plans to create or expand a business anywhere within the province.
What is the nature of the mentoring services offered by Réseau Mentorat and who is eligible to receive them?
Grant awardees and finalists can receive one year of free individual or group mentoring services through Réseau Mentorat. Opting in to these services is entirely voluntary. The offer is transferable to a partner in the same company; however, it is valid only for one partner and cannot be applied to an employee.
How do I go about obtaining free mentoring services from Réseau Mentorat?
Here is how to proceed if you are a grant awardee or a finalist:
1. Find your local point of service: reseaum.com/en/service-points
- Contact the person in charge of mentorship at your local point of service. They will be able to answer your questions, explain how everything works and guide you, step by step, through the registration process.
2. Become a member at reseaum.com/en/become-a-mentee
- When asked “Are you a beneficiary of one of the following programs?” tick the box beside Bourses d’honneur – Ministère de l'Économie et de l'Innovation (awardee or finalist).
- In the payment section:
- If your point of service offers online payment, enter the promo code sent to you by email.
- If your point of service does not offer online payment, you do not need a promo code.
What is the cutoff date for signing up?
Grant awardees and finalists have approximately six months after the winners are announced to register with Réseau Mentorat. The exact cutoff date will be sent to you by email. After this date, if you still wish to receive free mentoring services, please contact the person in charge of special projects at Réseau Mentorat know. Their contact information is below.
What if I am already a Réseau Mentorat member?
You have two choices: you can either have your current mentoring fees refunded or you can apply the amount against your renewal. In either case, please make sure to let the person in charge of special projects at Réseau Mentorat know. Their contact information is below.
Are the $25,000 Bourses d’honneur considered to taxable business income?
Oui, la bourse d'honneur est un revenu imposable pour votre entreprise. Une bourse est un revenu accessoire découlant des activités de l'entreprise. La Fondation de l’entrepreneurship vous émettra un feuillet T4A, au nom de votre entreprise, pour le montant de 25 000 $ versé pendant l’année.
Why should I sign up for the Réseau Mentorat entrepreneurship mentoring program?
Mentoring is a great way to challenge your thinking, boost your motivation, guide you as move forward, make you feel like someone is there to listen and support you, inspire you to new levels of achievement, and encourage you to adopt a more agile approach to business. In Quebec, more than 2,000 entrepreneurs are currently teamed up with one of 1,150 Réseau Mentorat mentors through 55+ points of service.
Difference between mentoring, coaching and consulting
At Réseau Mentorat, the mentor-mentee relationship is a fundamentally human relationship between two business leaders. Mentors leverage their experience and insight to help mentored entrepreneurs develop their business skills and enhance their professional well-being. In contrast, coaching and consulting are both compensated activities that are based on a professional relationship, with the deliverable being the successful attainment of predefined goals and the resolution of identified problems.
The type of mentoring services offered through Réseau Mentorat
Réseau Mentorat’s mentors are TRAINED VOLUNTEERS. Their goal is to work with the HUMAN behind the BUSINESS. They draw on their EXPERIENCE, their INSIGHT and their ANALYTICAL STRENGTHS to support business owners in their efforts to improve their ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS and their PROFESSIONAL WELL-BEING.
To get your promo code, apply the promotion to your renewal or ask about anything else concerning entrepreneurship mentoring, contact Marianne Lefebvre, Special Projects Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-661-2160.
Les bourses d'honneur du MEI
- Destinées aux entrepreneurs âgés de 35 ans et moins au 31 mars 2021
- Être en phase de développement (avoir conclu des ventes avant le 1er avril 2020)
- Ne pas avoir conclu de ventes, livrées ou en voie de l’être, encaissées ou non, avant le 1er avril 2015
- Avoir son siège social au Québec
- Fin de l'appel de candidatures en cours : 14 octobre 2020